2-Tbsp Sesame oil
2-Yellow onions, diced
4-Cloves of garlic, finely diced
1/4-Cup Fresh ginger, peeled, finely diced
1-Tbsp Curry powder
1-Tsp Cinnamon powder
1-Tsp Turmeric powder
1-Tsp Coriander powder
1-Tsp Cumin seeds
2-Large Sweet potatoes, peeled, baked and puréed
6-Cups Vegetable stock
2-Cups Chopped greens (example: mustard, collard, etc.)
1-Can Coconut milk (lite coconut milk for a more brothy soup)
Pink Himalayan Salt to taste
Fresh ground peppercorns (to top it off as a garnish)
Raw pumpkin seeds (to top it off as a garnish)
1. Heat oil in a pot and sauté onion, garlic, and ginger until onions are golden brown.
2. Add spices.
3. Cook for another minute.
4. Mix in the pureed sweet potatoes.
5. Add stock and bring to a gentle boil.
6. Puree with a blender. I like to use a handheld immersion blender.
7. Add spinach and mushrooms, cover and heat on low for about 25 minutes to let the flavors develop.
8. Stir in coconut milk, simmer on low for 10-minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Season to taste with salt, ground pepper and garnish with pumpkin seeds.
10. Smile because you are about to have a warm, spicy hug from your soup bowl!